Tiger Leaping Gorge, one of the deepest canons in the world, is tucked between Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and the Haba Snow Mountain. It is near the beginning of the Yangtze River (world’s third longest river). The spectacular scenery makes it be a really wonderful place for hiking enthusiasts.
Tiger Leaping Gorge is divided into three parts, the upper, middle and the lower. As time is limited, so we took the hiking on the middle part only (1 day tour). The middle part is the most beautiful part of Tiger Leaping Gorge. Our itinerary is Tina’s House – Zhang Teacher’s House – Sky Ladder – Bridge – Tina’s House.
There are places where you have to walk carefully next to a cliff, and the path gets very narrow in some places. For safety, it is best to go with a group.
The Sky Ladder, maybe not suitable for everyone. Below it follows the cliff, then the Tiger Leaping Gorge. When climb it, maybe you should not look back.
1. Hiking in this area requires strong physical strength as the trail is narrow and steep in many places.
2. Don’t take too many things with you. Just as simple as possible.
3. Sun glasses and sun block lotion are necessary. The Sunshine is really strong from April to November.
4. Chocolate and water are good things for you. They will fresh you up a lot after a long time hiking.
1. Though the trail is well used, it is safer not to hike it alone. It might be best to travel with a partner or in a group.
2. The hiking trail is a little bit slippery in many places, please take care.
3. Hospitals and clinics are not available in the mountain area. Also, in the area there may not have someone who speaks English. It is easy to get lost if you are alone.
4. The Sky Ladder is not suitable for someone whose psychological bearing capacity is poor. It is a little bit dangerous.